top of page

6 Ways Students Become A U.S. Permanent Resident

Updated: Feb 5, 2022

Legal immigration should be straightforward for students or postdocs in 2022.

Here are 6 ways to become a permanent resident (PR) in the United States to enhance your concentration on scholarly work.

Some of them are self-sponsored: that is, no employer or marriage is needed.

1. Family-based